Having an Intense Time? You’re Not Alone!
Lately, it seems that almost everyone I come into contact with – friends, colleagues, clients, even complete strangers – are experiencing waves of extreme emotions and profoundly intense experiences. Some are just experiencing a one-time shot, whereas others are experiencing daily (or almost daily) ups and downs. It can seem like a roller coaster, and can feel overwhelming – especially if you’re used to keeping a relatively “stable” emotional center!
Here are a few things to remember as you try to navigate this time:
- Weather – and the seasonal lack of sunlight – may have something to do with your mood. If you live in the Northeastern United States, especially, this particularly holds true. Although we are heading into Spring this weekend, and are seeing daylight until later in the evening since Daylight Savings Time began a couple of weeks ago, the temperatures are still cold, there is still a lot of snow on the ground, and it is still relatively dark out. Remember, this will pass. Meanwhile, up your Vitamin D intake, and be patient with the process.
- There are astrological reasons for how you’re feeling, too. Although the planets may not explain everything, they certainly can explain a lot! This coming Friday alone, we have the following planetary/astrological events:
- New Moon
- Spring Equinox
- First Solar Eclipse of 2015
- Any one of these events on their own would call for a little time of going within, contemplation, meditation, and getting clear on one’s goals and intentions. But all three happening within a 24-hour period . . . on top of other astrological occurrences already going on . . . let’s just say it’s a cosmic melting pot for a LOT of old stuff to come up to the surface to be healed. Elizabeth Peru – a gifted astrologer and intuitive who I follow religiously on Facebook 😉 – has said the following about this weekend:
On the Eclipse, a window (a door) of opportunity opens for you that has not been here since March 1997. You get to do things differently this time.
You are being shown by others where you let yourself down. Where you could rise and let go of the controlling head and come more into a place of peace and the moment.
You are meant to be enjoying your life . . . Are You?
(From Elizabeth Peru’s Facebook page, published March 15, 2015)
- Lastly, remember you are NOT alone! There are SO many people going through massive changes, transitions, transformations and shifts right now. Reach out – talk to like-minded folks, connect with your spiritual or religious community, practice great self-care, give yourself permission to fully feel your feelings, and BREATHE.
Hang in there, dear readers – this intense time WILL pass! 🙂